Do you want to create a journal entry in QuickBooks Online? Maintaining books of accounts for your business is very easy and quick with QuickBooks Accounting Software. The financial accounting tool offers a plethora of specifications that let you accomplish tasks efficiently and with no additional expense.
Here, we are going to show you that how you can create a journal entry in QuickBooks Online for your business and have your Balance Sheet checked exactly. You can also share records or journal entries of transactions with other individuals who are accredited. Have a look at QuickBooks journal entry example – a professional accountant and staff/employee, who are given the privilege to access QuickBooks by you.
In order to get happening with creating a journal entry in QuickBooks Online, consider:
- A journal entry always contains Credit and Debit columns.
- Profit and loss should be kept in the journal entries.
- Accounting figures in the Debit column must always tally with Credit column.
- Liabilities and assets must be maintained in journal entries.
Some of the simple steps to create a journal entry in QuickBooks Online
You can create a journal entry in QuickBooks Online by following the steps that are given below:
- Open QuickBooks Online on your PC
- Choose the Plus icon (+) on the Toolbar.
- Under other, choose the option of Journal Entry.
- Enter the date of transaction in the Journal Date field.
- You may opt to enter a journal number to help identify the transaction leave it blank or in reports.
- Enter any account listed in the Chart of Accounts, on the distribution line in the Accounts field.
- Next, enter the transaction amount in the Credit and Debit columns, respectively.
- You may opt to fill the Description field for the transaction or leave it blank. The description that you enter will appear on reports that display the details of transaction.
- Ensure that entries on the Credit and Debit columns must tally. If, however, the columns do not tally, continue to enter distribution lines until the sum of entries in the Debit column equals the sum of entries in the Credit column.
- You may opt to choose Make recurring to set a recurring journal entry schedule.
- Click the Save button to save the changes you have made to create a journal entry in QuickBooks Online.
Contact QuickBooks Support Number +1888-253-0666
You can find more QuickBooks support on QuickBooks journal entry template. Our Intuit certified QuickBooks online support professionals can assist you with creating journal entries in QuickBooks Online quickly and without any hassle. To get connected with our QuickBooks experts, call at QuickBooks support phone number +18882530666. You can find help for QuickBooks journal entry instantly at QuickBooks support center. Contact our QuickBooks experts and avail support 24/7 if you need help with QuickBooks general journal entry in QuickBooks Online.