When you upgrade to a new computer, you can move your QuickBooks information so that you don’t lose any work. Moving your QB file requires several distinct steps. You must create a backup file, install QuickBooks on your computer and restore the QB desktop in another computer.
- Create Backup File
- To back up the file of your company, follow these directions:
- Insert the external device you’ll use to move your QB file to the new PC. This could be a CD, a flash drive, or a DVD.
- Go to the file menu and select the option of Create Backup.
- Choose Options and then have a Click on Browse and navigate to the location of the external device that you are using to save your backup.
- Give your backup file a familiar and specific name, like XYZ Company. Choose OK and then have a click on the Next Option
- Click on the option of saving it and after that Finish to start the backup process.
- Once the process has finished, remove the external device from the PC.
Install QuickBooks on the New PC
- Insert your QuickBooks software CD into the disk drive on your new PC
- Follow the software prompts to QuickBooks install.
Restore the Backup File on the New PC
To restore the backup file, you can use it on your new PC, follow
- Insert the external device with your
QuickBooks backup into the new PC
- In QB, navigate to File and choose the option of Open or Restore
- Choose the option of Restore a Backup Copy and
click on the option of next.
- Choose the option of Local Backup and click next.
- If QuickBooks does not automatically detect the backup file, Go to
the external device location and click on the backup
- Click Open and Next. Choose the option of Save In and Go to the
location on your PC where you want to restore and save the backup file.
- Choose the option of Save to restore the QuickBooks file to your new
Reach us at
QuickBooks Customer Support
If by following the above steps, any issue persists feel free to contact us at QuickBooks support at any time. We are having a team of experts who are available 24*7 for the help of the individuals.