With the growing technology several business organizations prefer the multi-user version of accounting software QuickBooks. Though a small business organization may choose the single-user version of the accounting software the multiple user versions are indispensable in a medium-sized business organization. The multi-user version under QuickBooks cloud hosting is broadly divided into two types of users and computers. The main user is called the administrator and holds the key responsibilities of assigning different roles and duties to the employees. The Administrator also has the right to restrict files and documents to certain users. In the same manner, all the files are kept in one device and are called the server. While the other devices through which the users access the files and documents of the QuickBooks integration service is called as the workstation. The user fails to access any files and documents from the server when the error code 6144 occurs in the device. The error code occurs on the QuickBooks payroll services when the concerned file is corrupt or damaged. Read this blog to learn about the usual causes and easy solution for the QuickBooks error code 6144.
Usual Causes of QuickBooks error code 6144
- Incomplete installation of the accounting software QuickBooks in the device of the user.
- Corruption in the registration of the accounting software QuickBooks Cloud Hosting leading to the issue in the device.
- Connectivity issues in the server or the workstation causing an error in accessing the files.
- Interference of Firewall in accessing files from the server.
Usual Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 6144
- The screen of the device is displayed with the error code 6144 or 6144 82 of QuickBooks.
- The active program window of the accounting software might get crashed.
- The device may give a slow response to external inputs given to the device from the mouse and keyboard.
- The device might hang periodically giving very slow responses on the screen of the device.
An easy fix for the QuickBooks error code 6144
Step-1: Shut all the running software from both the server and the workstation.
Step-2: Temporarily disable the antivirus software program from all the computers.
Step-3: Now, perform the rest of the steps only on the main device i.e. server.
Step-4: Start the services with a click.
Step-5: Choose to switch the type of Account.
Step-6: Now select the option of creating a ‘New folder’ under the name ‘QB’.
Step-7: Develop a copy of the file that is showing error.
Step-8: Select to paste the file on the new folder named ‘QB’.
Step-9: Choose both Inbound & Outbound laws.
Step-10: Restore the file on the main computer or the server.
Step-11: Now, try to access the file from the other computers.
Connect with the team of QuickBooks integration service for easy elimination of the error code 6144. The team of customer service gives easy to implement solutions to the user of the accounting software and can be easily connected via calls, live-chats, emails, etc.
Cachi Rim is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about QuickBooks Products and Services. He writes about the latest updates regarding Quickbooks accounting services, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.