might have come across this QuickBooks
error 6000 83 while you were onto the QuickBooks. And when
the program attempted to gain access to the company file, this error comes up,
There are a few probable reasons as to why this QuickBooks error 6000 83 have
occurred, below are listed some of them:
- The company file is somehow not available or accessible to the
- The anti-virus system or software you are using is likely not
granting access to the data service that is situated on the server along with
the company file.
- The user might not be logged in as an administrator, and that’s
why they are facing this error
- Another computer might be hosting the data or acting as a server
and only one server is required, but possibly two systems are running the
server, resulting in conflict.
- The company file’s original location folder is most likely
- You might be using an older version of QuickBooks Support which
is the reason it doesn’t have the authorization to access the company file.
- The company files itself could be damaged.
- You might have installed the program incorrectly or
it is dependent on what task you were performing while this error QuickBooks error 6000 83 occurred.
Reasons for Fixing the company file for the QuickBooks
error code 6000 83
can take help of the QuickBooks doctor
- Open the QuickBooks doctor, now you can browse for the company
file from the drop-down list
- For multi-user configuration, if you get errors like H505 or
H202, choose the network connectivity option. If the company file is corrupted,
and you see errors such as 6000, choose the file damage and network
- Further, you will be asked for the admin password, input and
proceed to the next button.
- Now select which computer you are currently occupied on if you
are working on the workstation, select workstation and if you are a single user
on the system then choose the server.
- The diagnosis will begin, you must take note that while you are
using the network mode this doesn’t consume much time but if you are using the
networking option with data damage, then the diagnosis can take some time to
the diagnosis procedure has completed, you can select the close tab, and run
the QuickBooks again to see if the problem QuickBooks error 6000 83 has been
Switching the workstations off from hosting
problem lies in how many computers you are using for hosting the company file,
if in case you are using more than one computer to host the company file, then
this is the reason this error QuickBooks error support is
occurring, you can take off the hosting from the other computers. Here is how
to do it:
- Choose the utilities option, from the file menu after you have
opened the QuickBooks.
- If you are able to view the option that says host multi-user
access, then this means you do not have more than one host.
- If you do see the option that says stop hosting multi-user
access, that means you do have more than one computer doing the hosting
function, and you can click on this option and choose yes, it will prompt you
to the dialog box that says company file must be closed, you can choose again
yes and proceed to the next system.
Feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Support
case you have tried every method given above which has not worked out yet, then
please feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks customer
support, as our team of specialists can guide you through the process
of fixing these errors.