You might have come across this QuickBooks error 6000 83 while you were onto the QuickBooks. And when the program attempted to gain access to the company file, this error comes up, There are a few probable reasons as to why this QuickBooks error 6000 83 have occurred, below are listed some of them:
- The company file is somehow not available or accessible to the server.
- The anti-virus system or software you are using is likely not granting access to the data service that is situated on the server along with the company file.
- The user might not be logged in as an administrator, and that’s why they are facing this error
- Another computer might be hosting the data or acting as a server and only one server is required, but possibly two systems are running the server, resulting in conflict.
- The company file’s original location folder is most likely corrupted.
- You might be using an older version of QuickBooks Support which is the reason it doesn’t have the authorization to access the company file.
- The company files itself could be damaged.
- You might have installed the program incorrectly or incompletely.
So, it is dependent on what task you were performing while this error QuickBooks error 6000 83 occurred.
Reasons for Fixing the company file for the QuickBooks error code 6000 83
You can take help of the QuickBooks doctor
- Open the QuickBooks doctor, now you can browse for the company file from the drop-down list
- For multi-user configuration, if you get errors like H505 or H202, choose the network connectivity option. If the company file is corrupted, and you see errors such as 6000, choose the file damage and network connectivity option.
- Further, you will be asked for the admin password, input and proceed to the next button.
- Now select which computer you are currently occupied on if you are working on the workstation, select workstation and if you are a single user on the system then choose the server.
- The diagnosis will begin, you must take note that while you are using the network mode this doesn’t consume much time but if you are using the networking option with data damage, then the diagnosis can take some time to finish
When the diagnosis procedure has completed, you can select the close tab, and run the QuickBooks again to see if the problem QuickBooks error 6000 83 has been fixed.
Switching the workstations off from hosting
The problem lies in how many computers you are using for hosting the company file, if in case you are using more than one computer to host the company file, then this is the reason this error QuickBooks error support is occurring, you can take off the hosting from the other computers. Here is how to do it:
- Choose the utilities option, from the file menu after you have opened the QuickBooks.
- If you are able to view the option that says host multi-user access, then this means you do not have more than one host.
- If you do see the option that says stop hosting multi-user access, that means you do have more than one computer doing the hosting function, and you can click on this option and choose yes, it will prompt you to the dialog box that says company file must be closed, you can choose again yes and proceed to the next system.
Feel free to contact us at QuickBooks Support team
In case you have tried every method given above which has not worked out yet, then please feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks customer support, as our team of specialists can guide you through the process of fixing these errors.